Wednesday, May 9, 2007

OK I got the on the needles, finally:


and feel much more confident in fixing my mistakes, but only in Seed stitch.

You may have noticed I changed the theme of my blog. I just couldn't get my pics to look right on the other one. Now I feel like I can s t r e t c h o u t.

A few days ago I got so tired of doing Seed stitch that I decided to start my next project early:


Yarn: Debbie Bliss 'baby cashmerino'.

It's a baby blanket for my cousin who is expecting her first baby in July. So exciting! It's in the 'Feather and Fan Pattern' and is the first time I'm following a pattern (sorry to be repetitive but...yanno...it's a blog). I've made mistakes but I'm trying not to sweat it. Mistakes make it handmade, yes?

It's amazing how my confidence in my knitting has grown this week. Things I've learned are starting to gel and I'm able to fix some of my own mistakes, which just makes me feel so great. Knitters are the nicest people in the world, I'm convinced of it. Thank you to all who have welcomed me to your blogs and who have commented on mine.

No comments: