Wednesday, May 9, 2007

So I was zipping along on my fabulous Sublime scarf when it finally came time to start a new ball of yarn. Simple, yes? NO! I'm new to this, you see...and suddenly I found I didn't have any coordination in my hands. Is there a trick to starting a new ball of the same color in Seed stitch? I knitted about three rows and found I could tell where the new yarn had been added so I tried to unstitch the way Megan at Stitch Cafe had shown me..."...hold the yarn tight in the back and put the right needle tip through the square window just beneath the stitch you want to take out..." (that's not a direct quote, of course, but I think quoting a knitting expert adds a certain something special). I tried doing as she had instructed but sometimes the little window below the offending stitch wasn't always so obvious so I (you did not!) took the scarf off the needles and (gasp) ripped out the three rows myself. Great idea, I thought.


Until I realized my stitches were disappearing each time I put the previous stitch back on the needle. So I'm not kidding: I'm not knitting. What good is it to have a new addiction if you can't even practice it? Sniff.

No comments: